Wednesday 25 June 2008

Back in the game

Just returned from sunny Barcelona. Had a great time there, and I feel well rejuvenated and ready to continue coding again. In other news, I am writing this post from my university computer labs because my new student flat does not have an internet connection yet. This means I may not be online a lot in the next week but I will be able to get on with coding anyway. In terms of my progress I will first be concentrating on finishing up the code I made for polygonal / rectangle intersections for the imagemap. Sev commented that it would be useful to provide a standardised way for people to reuse this code so I will abstract the intersection stuff away from my imagemap-specific code. After that is done I will move on to the parser for the XML-based virtual keyboard info file. Thanks to Vincent / Tanoku the has developed a base XML parser that I can extend for my own needs. So I will first have to understand his code, tie down the exact format, then write my Parser class to parse the format. I'm very excited to finally be fully concentrating on the project. If my plans go without a hitch I think I should still be on track to have a good amount of code completed by the first evaluation.

No comments: